100% Metallic Marathon Embroidery Thread
17 stunning colours of Marathon metallic threads are offered in 1,000 mtr. (1,100 yd.) mini-king spools as well as in 4,000 mtr (4,400 yd.) & 5,000 mtr. (5,500 yd.) cones to add a special touch to your embroidery. Please see the 5000 meter cones page for a complete list of colours available in the larger cone size.
When embroidering with metallic threads, we recommend that you:
- use a size 90 /14 needle
- reduce the stitches per minute (slow your machine down).
- Tip from Linda: wind your bobbin with the matching metallic thread, let the bobbin relax overnight and then you won't have tension issues when embroidering.
Note: Please order embroidery threads by colour number, in numerical order, to aid us in processing your order.
Metallic thread specifications:
- VAM 220d (Colour #3001-3003 and #3008-3011) Made with rayon yarn covered with polyester film metallized with aluminum
- VSM 220d (Colour #3004-3007) Made with rayon yard covered with polyester film metallized with silver
- PAM 220d (Colour #3012-3013) Made with polyester yarn covered with polyester film metaliized with silver
- PPM 220d (Colour #3015-3016) Made with polyester yarn covered with polyester film
- PPMF 220d (Colour #3018-3023) Made with polyester yarn covered with polyester film metaliized with silver
- VSM 220d (Colour #4004-4007) Made with nylon yarn covered with polyester film metallized with silver
Marathon embroidery threads are manufactured with premium raw materials and dyes made with the best colouring chemicals. This means colour consistency across different dye lots is ensured and reliability of thread is guaranteed. Marathon is a proven brand name worldwide. Dong-Il Industrial Company, the manufacturer of Marathon Embroidery threads has received the following designations:
(ISO 9001/QS-9001/TL 9001)
How to find the start of the thread on the spool:
If you are having trouble finding the beginning of your Marathon embroidery thread, please view this pdf document How to find start of spool and also watch this video.
Note: Due to variations in monitor colours, these swatches are not exact matches to the actual thread colour. For exact colour match, you can purchase a Colour Chart from us.
****If you would like to see stitchouts of some of our metallic colours, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org*******